I hope you and your family are staying safe while we all weather this COVID-19 storm. The silver lining in these storm clouds is that this is a fantastic time to start planning and preparing for your family escape from many weeks of staying isolated. Six to twelve months is the optimal time to start looking for that perfect place and finding the right fit for your family.
The travel industry is offering incredible deals for a limited time to help it bounce back so if you book now to travel at the end of this year or early next year, I can help you get incredible deals and possibly some free upgrades. Here are five dream destinations to jumpstart your planning.
1. Fiji. For the ultimate tropical fantasy, check out Fiji. With over 300 separate islands — many of them almost completely untouched — this place really has it all. Pamper yourself in a luxurious resort. Take a walk through one of the world’s largest Asian orchid collections. Visit the shores where Tom Hanks taught himself to fish and create fire in Castaway. Submerge yourself in the breathtaking wonderland of exotic fish, gorgeous coral, and crystal clear waters with snorkeling and scuba diving.
2. Great Barrier Reef, Australia. For a snorkeling adventure that will stay with you for a lifetime, you can’t beat the Great Barrier Reef in Australia .This is the place for your family if they crave something a little wild, a little rugged, and completely original. The Great Barrier Reef is unparalleled is its sheer magnitude. Head for one of the 74 Whitsunday Islands or take in a sea plane tour of the heart-shaped Hardy Lagoon.
3. San Juan Islands in Puget Sound. What if tropical isn’t your family’s bag? If you prefer milder temps, old-growth forests, a laid-back approach to life, cozy B&Bs and Craftsman-era resorts why not consider a getaway to the San Juan Islands in Puget Sound?Here you can kayak along dramatic shorelines, watch the orcas migrating in magnificent pods, hike pristine forests with towering evergreens and a 360-degree view of the surrounding mountains, take in the beauty of a lavender farm, or sail among the tree-covered islands to watch dolphins and whales play in the cool waters. Travel among the islands is easy, and you can even take a day trip to the gorgeous Canadian island of Victoria.
4. Corsica. If you’re looking for something unique in the Mediterranean, book an adventure on Corsica. The birthplace of Napoleon and part of France, this island retains its fierce cultural independence, and the result is a marvelous blend of Italian and French cultures, wine, food, and language. The emerald waters of the north and the dramatic rocky cliffs of Bonifacio in the south, which drop precipitously into the ocean, will take your breath away. This is a place filled with small private alcoves and turquoise waters, and accommodations from luxury resorts to charming hotels run by generations of Corsicans. You can hike or drive in rugged interior mountains, sample cheeses and honey cultivated in 400-year-old traditions, and there is plenty for your family to see, do, and experience.
5. Belize. Often overlooked in favor of more famous places, Belize is only two hours from Miami and boasts some of the most pristine shoreline in the world. Cayo Espanto, just off the coast of Belize, has bungalows set 150 feet out in the water, that feature glass floors through which you can view the colorful and varied sea life. If your family is feeling adventurous, you can explore ancient Mayan ruins on the mainland — or you can simply while away the hours overlooking the cerulean waves from your seaside bungalow on beautiful Cayo Espanto.
If you love the idea of an island getaway but need help finding just the perfect destination for your family vacation, let’s set up a time to chat! There are a million locales and one of them is ready to welcome you and your family back to the exciting world of travel.
Not sure where to start? Grab your free Busy Family’s Guide to Vacation Planning.
- Follow this step by step guide for planning a get-away to refresh, recharge, and re-energize your family.
- Discover vacation planning tips that will save you stress and time.
- Learn how to get deep discounts when planning multigenerational family groups.